Search Jobs Contact Us Register/Apply

Live the American Dream

Live the American Dream

Choosing a career in nursing can provide a ticket to many things, including the opportunity to work in the United States - a dream destination for many foreign nurses, especially those coming from developing countries.

While some international nurses on an F1 visa will return to their home country after graduation, many will look to remain in the US and enter the nursing profession.

The US promotes multiple cultures to work together within its borders and has been importing nurses for the last 50 years.

What will your journey look like and how do you get started?

The path will vary depending on whether you’re a graduate or are still in nursing school. Typically, the process will be F1 Visa - Employment Authorization Document (EAD) - OPT (Optional Training Program) - H1B - EB3 (Green Card Visa).

Don’t wait to apply

The ideal time to research sponsorship opportunities is while studying/ during your last year of nursing school.  After graduation, you will be faced with many important decisions and events such as the pinning ceremony, NCLEX, graduation, placement tests, or your lease might be coming to an end. The last thing you want is to try and fit in time to speak with different agencies and find time for interviews.

Take some time to update your CV before you graduate. Most healthcare providers will accept student applications with the condition that they become licensed and pass their exams. With the help of your advisors and faculty, you can get a jump start on your applications which will help you stand out from the crowd. This will also ensure that you don’t have a gap between graduation and when you start working.

Approaching/After Graduation

In the U.S., after graduation, you need an employment authorization document (EAD) to start working on Optional Practical Training (OPT) lawfully. With F1 status, you’re allowed up to 12 months of OPT at each educational level (undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate), as long as the work is related to your field of study. 

You can apply for OPT from 90 days before graduation/completion of your studies and up to 60 days post-graduation - as long as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receive your application before the end of the 60 days. Something to bear in mind when applying is that it takes an average of 120 days for OPT to be approved.

You don't need the experience to work with Greenstaff Medical

Greenstaff Medical fully sponsors international nursing graduates on the F1 visa for opportunities in healthcare facilities across the United States. Sponsorship and agency of choice is a crucial considerations when deciding where to work after graduating. When you work with us, you’re treated like family. We do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and we take your needs seriously! Take a look at some of the benefits of working with us:

  • Placement officer for all international nurses
  • Reimbursement for required onboarding costs
  • Organization of relocation and accommodation
  • Visa application, US citizenship, and support services
  • Travel & housing at discounted pricing
  • Health benefits paid medical requirements, and vacation pay
  • Access to our Housing and Travel Department (24/7 support)
  • Free housing for the first month
  • Paid license & certifications
  • Quick turnaround for international nurses
  • Full-time jobs available in multiple specialties throughout the US
  • Travel with your family/pets
  • Quick offers & rapid starts
  • And much more!

Join Greenstaff!

If you’re in your final year of nursing school in the U.S. or have graduated and are ready to build a growing nursing career in the US, join our Greenstaff Medical community of new graduates who work at top hospitals throughout the country.